~~Meticulously renovated and reconfigured, this large craftsman-inspired jewel offers elegance and charm combined with modern amenities and practicality. From the start, the breathtaking curb appeal and grand flagstone entrance grabs your attention. Once inside, this stunning 4+bedroom/3.5 bath house continues to impress with its custom built-ins, crown moldings, box-beamed ceilings, and designer details.
The spacious and open layout of the main level is ideal for entertaining while the upper and lower levels provide flexibility for accommodating large families or overnight guests. The brand new chef’s kitchen comes with plenty of storage, top-of the-line appliances, dazzling quartz counters, custom backsplash, and travertine tile floors. The living and dining areas showcase dark-stained hardwood floors, a handsome wood-burning fireplace, and loads of built-in details. The main level also includes a gorgeously appointed full bathroom. The sunny upper level features 3 bedrooms, a sleek full bath, vaulted ceilings, and a spacious lounge area. Multiple balconies with treetop vistas provide privacy and gorgeous outlooks.
The lower level features the master bedroom suite with huge walk-in closet, French doors and a luxurious master bath complete with steam shower. Alternatively, this lower level space can be utilized as a large family room offering flexibility for Buyers. A convenient laundry room surprises with a cool spiral staircase that leads up to a bonus home office with its own private half bath, perfect for the work-from-home professional.
The low-maintenance backyard with new redwood decking and custom redwood canopy provides a relaxing area for lounging, BBQs and gardening. This impressive home also features a massive gated driveway providing off street parking for multiple cars!
Enjoy West Berkeley’s fast-growing and pedestrian-friendly retail shops, West Berkeley Bowl, Whole Foods coming soon, cafes, restaurants and more. Just one block to San Pablo Park! Freeways, public transportation, and U.C. Berkeley are all just minutes away.
• Approximately 2,430 square feet of gorgeous living space
• Main level: Custom foyer with built-in bench seating and storage, living room with fireplace, dining room, full bathroom, chef’s kitchen
• Lower level: Master bedroom suite with spa-like master bath and French doors to backyard, laundry room, unique spiral staircase access to bonus office/den and half bath
• Upper level: 3 bedrooms, full bathroom, lounge area/gallery space with vaulted ceilings and Juliet balcony, front bedroom has French doors to a large deck overlooking Birch trees
• All new electrical, copper plumbing, new high-efficiency furnace, new Rheem tankless water heater, new plumbing fixtures, recessed lighting, pendant lights, and chandeliers
• Chef’s kitchen featuring American Cherrywood cabinets, Jenn-Air French door refrigerator with internal dispenser, Jenn-Air dishwasher, Fisher & Paykel free-standing gas range; mosaic natural marble backsplash, white quartz counter tops
• Spa-like master bath showcases designer fixtures and a luxurious steam shower, dual vanity, mirrored medicine cabinets, ample storage and linen closet
• Kitchen and bathrooms adorned with Kohler and Moen fixtures, sinks, and toilets
• New double-paned windows throughout, new carpeting, hardwood floors, travertine flooring in kitchen, modern and mosaic tile flooring in bathrooms and front entry
• New exterior stucco, wood siding, flagstone front porch and entry
• All new front and rear yard landscaping with automatic sprinkler system in the back yard
• Brand new perimeter redwood fencing, front gate, rear deck and custom canopy
• Pedestrian & commuter friendly neighborhood just minutes to freeways, shopping, restaurants, U.C Berkeley campus, West Berkeley Bowl, San Pablo Park, schools and more
• Walk Score 78! Bike Score 99!
About West Berkeley
West Berkeley homes lie west of San Pablo Avenue and east of the San Francisco bay. Previously known as Ocean View, West Berkeley sits at an average elevation of just 23 feet. In the 1960s, well-known companies, such as Colgate-Palmolive, Heinz, Canada Dry and the precursor to Bayer Labs, were all based in this area.
Although historically it was one of the Bay Area’s principal industrial zones, West Berkeley real estate now sits in the famous Berkeley Marina and many other beautiful neighborhoods. The Delaware Street Historic District has many quaint houses and encompasses the area that includes the City of Berkeley Landmark, the Bowen Inn.
With convenient proximity to UC Berkeley, Golden Gate Fields, and Tilden Regional Park, West Berekely homes for sale offer residents a wide variety of fun activities. The Greek Theater, Tilden Park Golf Course, and Berkeley Iceland ice rink in the winter provide entertainment for people with any sort of interest.
West Berkeley real estate is serviced by Bart, AC Transit, and Amtrak and allows for easy transportation to San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, and beyond. Additionally, the I-80 freeway connects with other major highways in the area making longer distance trips more convenient.
~~2766 Mathews Street has a Walk Score of 78 out of 100. This location is Very Walkable so most errands can be accomplished on foot.
2766 Mathews Street is a 24 minute walk from the Fremont - Richmond Richmond and the Richmond - Daly City/Millbrae Millbrae at the Ashby stop.
This location is in Berkeley. Nearby parks include San Pablo Park, Grove Playground and Park.
Nearby schools include Longfellow Arts and Technology Middle School, Civic Corp Elementary School and Civicorps Middle School.
The closest grocery stores are Berkeley Bowl, Lady Beau and Sacramento Market.
Nearby coffee shops include Broom Bush Cafe, Far Leaves Tea and Nina's Cafe. There are 18 restaurants within a 15 minute walk including KC's Bar-B-Que, The Missouri Lounge and Juan's Place.
2766 Mathews Street is near University of California - Berkeley.
There are excellent bike lanes and the terrain is flat as a pancake. 2766 Mathews Street is a Biker’s Paradise, daily errands can be accomplished on a bike.